Also see our listings for Yoga Centers.
Yoga Vistas is in transition. We are not accepting new Yoga Site listings at this time.
- Gentle, inward yoga that uses silent affirmations while in the asanas
- Anusara John Friend developed this "heart-oriented" yoga that respects different
abilities and limitations.
- Ashtanga (Power Yoga)
- Physically challenging yoga to build strength, flexibility, and stamina. Also called power yoga.
- Yoga to make you sweat. A series of 26 asanas (postures) performed in a heated room.
- Sites that give special attention to the control of breathing.
- Well-rounded sites that consider many aspects of yoga: postures, breathing, relaxation, and meditation.
- Many yoga styles spring from Hatha. It is the yoga of physical well-being, designed to balance body, mind, and spirit.
- Holistic Therapies
- Yoga as therapy and self-healing.
- Used by Dr. Dean Ornish's heart patients, it emphasizes relaxation,alignment, and finding your comfort center while practicing yoga.
- Focuses on the body and how it works. It is noted for attention to detail, precise alignment of postures, and the use of props.
- Emphasizes proper breath, alignment, coordinating breath and movement, and listening to the body.
- Chanting and breathing are emphasized over postures in this ancient practice designed to awaken and control the release of kundalini, the coiled energy stored at the base of the spine.
- Sites that offer tips for getting more out your meditation practice.
- Relaxed and gentle yoga that encourages a healthy lifestyle: proper exercise, proper breathing, proper relaxation, proper diet, and positive thinking with meditation.
- Svaroopa Yoga
- Consciousness-oriented yoga that teaches different ways to do familiar poses and emphasizes the development of transcendent inner experience.
- Uses visualization, chanting, asana, and strong breathing practices to tap highly charged energy in the body called kundalini.
- A kundalini-inspired sequenced flow of yogasana (postures) synchronized with pranayama (rhythmic breath) and mudra (focus). Founded by internationally renowned yogini Kaliji (Kali Ray), it is taught in more than 40 countries.
- Vacations, Retreats & Workshops
- Long and short getaways where you can learn more about yoga and further your inner journey.
- Yoga Book, Video & Audio Publishers
- Publishers that specialize in yoga books, videos, and audiotapes.
- Gentle form of flow yoga in which postures are modified to suit the student's needs and the breath is kept strong and flowing.
- Yoga Products
- From mats to clothing, products to enhance your yoga experience.
- Yoga for Special Groups
- Sites that offer information about yoga for children, the elderly, and peoplewith disabilities and HIV/AIDS.